Development and Interop Labs: The Home Court Advantage
The CableLabs Development Laboratory facilities were established to accelerate product development for devices that are intended to interoperate under the CableLabs DOCSIS®, PacketCable™, DPoE™, and/or OpenCable™ specifications.
To use the Development Lab:
- Review the Development Lab Use Policy and the Rules of Engagement
- Complete the Development Lab Use Request detailing test activities.
- Payment is requested in advance.
CableLabs offers over 12,000 square feet of lab space to vendors and members who wish to use this development area. Private lab space is also available upon request. Details are available in the Development Lab Use Policy.
CableLabs’ Development Lab Use Policy establishes the policies, terms, and conditions under which NDA participants may gain access to the CableLabs Development Lab and related facilities.
Advantages of the CableLabs Development Lab are:
- Latest Certified/Qualified products available; DOCSIS, DPoE, OpenCable, and PacketCable devices.
- Access to project test scripts available via DocZone.
- Test equipment available to run all tests related to certification/qualification, including all Conditional Access headends.
- Flexibility to your schedule to meet your testing requirements.
- Support available 8:00 am–10:00 pm, Monday–Friday; 8:00 am–5:00 pm Saturday, Sunday, and holidays. 24 hour access is available.
The development lab concept is one that has been successful in support of vendors that have worked aggressively to develop and to advance products. This concept has been expanded to support all projects within CableLabs.
Lab Use Options
Vendors can take advantage of the Development Lab for several different purposes, depending upon the targeted project, some of which are:
- Pre-Certification Preparation
- Implementation of New ECNs
- Product Development
- Bug Identification and Troubleshooting
- Multi-Vendor Interoperability Activities
CableLabs will provide previously certified and qualified products, subject to availability. Vendors must identify in their application any specific products they may wish to utilize.
VidiPath Interoperability Lab
The VidiPath Interoperability lab provides an opportunity for VidiPath Client manufacturers to develop, test, and capture pre-certification videos while interoperating with VidiPath servers from major MSOs. The lab also provides access to VidiPath Server Reference Devices and the DLNA CVP-2 suite of test tools, as well as support from CableLabs personnel. We ask that you register for lab space at least two weeks in advance. You may bring up to 3 people from your company for each registration. Hours are Monday through Friday, 8 to 5.
Register for the VidiPath Interoperability Lab HERE
For more information, email firstname.lastname@example.org
Interoperability Events, when offered by CableLabs, provide vendors with the opportunity to test their products in a multi-vendor environment and/or with CableLabs-provided testing platforms.
Interoperability Events are held for the benefit of product maturity only, and will not result in Certification Board decisions. Events will be held for the purpose of validating multi-vendor interoperability in an as-complete end-to-end network environment as available.
For additional information, email email@example.com