On-line Demonstration Application
To apply, please complete and submit the on-line demonstration application. All applications received after the deadline date of July 3, or until all spaces are committed, will be placed on a waiting list.
Cable Television Laboratories, Inc. (CableLabs®) is soliciting requests for proposals from technology respondents, manufacturers, cable operators, and cable programmers for demonstrations to be considered for possible inclusion at CableLabs' Summer Conference 2013.
|What?||CableLabs conferences offer a unique networking approach with an informal exhibit area designed to showcase the latest in innovative technologies for executives of CableLabs' membership.|
|Where?||Keystone Conference Center, Keystone (Summit County), Colorado|
|When?||August 11–13, 2013|
The focus of CableLabs' conference demonstrations is to showcase for key technical, business, and strategic executives in the cable industry the latest in content and services that operators may employ to serve cable customers. Applications should focus on services that may be delivered to consumers via cable's hybrid/fiber-coax (HFC) networks, or by other means. There is tremendous value and opportunity to participate in CableLabs' conferences since it assures visibility with key technology leaders at cable operating companies. CableLabs attempts to provide everyone who would like to demonstrate at the conferences with a chance to participate.
Registered staff of all Demonstrating Vendors (those who purchase a demo table on the demo floor) will be allowed to attend all Summer Conference 2013 conference sessions. We know you have many sales staff who will ask to attend but this time we are respectfully requesting that you consider limiting the number of sales staff who will attend from your company - we would like to have more business and technical staff attend from each vendor. We feel your business and technical focused staff will be better suited to participate in the conference sessions this time.
In the event that there are more applications than can be accommodated, the following factors are considered when making selection decisions:
- Companies whose participation has been requested by a CableLabs member company.
- Freshness of demonstrations—preference will be given to those exhibits that CableLabs members may not have seen previously at a CableLabs event.
- Companies that are participating with one or more CableLabs programs.
Fee is $11,000 per display area table and includes up to six (6) staff badges at no charge.
Participation Agreement (Terms and Conditions for Participating)
- Before your demonstration can be selected by CableLabs for participation in CableLabs' Summer Conference 2013, your company must agree to the terms and conditions for participating. If we receive your application before you agree to the terms and conditions for participating, we will review the application but it will be put on hold until you respond to the terms and conditions.
- You can review and accept these terms and conditions by reading through the Participation Agreement, and selecting the “I ACCEPT” checkbox on the bottom of the form.
- Alternately, you may download, read, or print a copy of the Participation Agreement if you prefer to review it off-line and discuss with others at your company.
- If you or your attorney have any questions about the Participation Agreement, please contact us.
To apply, please complete and submit the on-line demonstration application. All applications received after the deadline date of Friday, June 21, 2013, will be placed on a waiting list.
|June 21, 2013:||Completed applications submitted to CableLabs.|
Display AreasDisplay areas consist of the following:
- CableLabs will provide one (1) 6-ft. x 30-in. table.
- CableLabs will provide exhibitor's demonstration description and contact information (provided by exhibitor with their application) in the Conference Guide to Demonstrations.
- CableLabs will provide one (1) company identifier sign with demonstrating company's logo. (Exhibitor may provide one (1) additional sign that explains their demonstration in either text format or as a diagram. The sign must be a free-standing table-top sign; dimensions must not exceed 18-in. x 24-in.). Pull up, floor stand banners, backdrops or pop up booth displays and signage or floor literature racks/stands are not allowed.
- CableLabs will provide 10 amps power, shared Internet connectivity via Ethernet line to demo table, and a Comcast video feed.
Sunday, August 11th:
Setup: 8:00 am–6:00 pm.
Private DemonstrationsIn an effort to encourage cutting-edge technology demonstrations, a limited amount of space is available for private demonstrations. These rooms are reserved for new technologies that vendors may not be ready to show to the whole vendor community. If you are interested in a private space, please contact Annette Smith directly. Preference for private demonstrations will be given to companies that also contract for a regular table at the conference. The price for a private room will be $30,000, inclusive of one video drop (from the local cable operator), one Ethernet drop (fed through the CableLabs consolidated Internet server) and one 60 amp power drop to a central location in each private demo room. It will be the responsibility of each private demo room vendor to run the video, power and Ethernet feeds from the central drop point into their room to their various demo tables/pedestals inside their room, as well as purchase extra power over the 60 amps should it be required by the vendor. Hotel staff will be able to run the power inside the room, and provide additional power if required by the vendor – contact info for these services will be provided to each private demo vendor. Additionally, up to twelve (12) employee badges at no additional charge. Private demonstration spaces are limited to a total of 4 rooms and will be sold on a first come basis. CableLabs reserves the right to omit private demo space offerings at any time.
ConfidentialityAll applications are open to CableLabs technical staff and/or CableLabs member companies. Thus, no proprietary or confidential information should be submitted with the application.
By completing and submitting the on-line demonstration application, applicants agree to abide by the following conference rules:
- Exhibitor must meet all financial obligations on the timeline defined. Failure to make payment in full by the stated payment due date (see Timeline section) will not be allowed access to the demo floor to set their demo.
- Exhibitor must meet all conference deadlines.
- Exhibitor must provide a company representative to serve as the single point-of-contact with CableLabs. The company representative is responsible for ensuring that the exhibitor abides by all conference rules.
- Exhibitor is limited to a maximum of six (6) employee badges per purchased demonstration table (private demo rooms are limited to twelve  personnel). An additional $750 charge will be imposed for each employee badge over that limit. CableLabs reserves the right to determine the number of additional employee badges any exhibitor may be able to purchase. Exhibitor understands that badge swapping or attempting to enter the event facility without proper badging is not allowed. Exhibitor agrees to use their badges solely for the purpose of registering their employees who will work the demo table. Exhibitor understands these badges are not to be shared between staff and are not to be offered to employees of other companies for access to the demo floor. Sharing badges, or offering badges to non-demonstrating companies constitutes a violation of the participation agreement and could result in removal from the demo floor.
- Exhibitor must not arrange any side meetings or events during conference hours; conference hours are: Monday, August 12 from 8:00 am until 7:00 pm, and Tuesday, August 13 from 8:00 am until 7:00 pm.
- Giveaways, such as T-shirts, bags, etc., are not permitted. Small logo items such as pens, USB drives, etc. may be used as giveaways.
- Exhibitor may display a small quantity of company and product literature at their demonstration table. Exhibitor may supply their own small tabletop literature holder (no larger than 10 inches wide by 14 inches high. Literature floor stands are not allowed.
- Exhibitor's table must not include pop-up boards, backdrops, or other pop-up displays, pull up floor banners/signs or overhead signs.
- Exhibitor may bring their own company-logo custom cover to place over their demo table. Custom cover should be sized to fit a 6-ft (not 8-ft) folding table—partial overlay covers or banners are not acceptable.
- Each table may have one (1) sign that explains the exhibitor's demonstration in either text format or as a diagram. The sign must be a free-standing table-top sign; dimensions must not exceed 18-in. x 24-in. Floor stand, pull up banners or backdrop displays are not allowed.
- Exhibitor must provide the names of company employees who will staff the display area during demonstration hours by the defined deadline (see timeline section).
- Exhibitor must ensure that equipment needed for the demonstration is shipped at the appropriate time; that the exhibitor will pay for shipping; and that the exhibitor's demonstration equipment is in working order.
- All press releases related to the conference need to be reviewed by Annette Smith. Please review the CableLabs Press Release Policy—located on the CableLabs Web site.
- Failure to abide by conference rules is grounds for removal of the exhibitor from the conference.
If you have any questions about the application process, please contact Annette Smith.