- Come join us at CableLabs during your summer; get involved!
- We will have you working on real projects that may impact the future of digital life outside the box.
- We test new ideas then collaborate to bring them to life.
- Accomplish things that matter… to cable!
- Work on technologies that impact an entire industry!
- Join us in inspiring the next generation and work side by side with industry experts.
- While we are a technical organization, we may also be looking for interns to work with our Legal and HR Teams; apply!
- You will have the opportunity to work with industry experts and join your fellow interns to work together on a team project.
We are looking for students in various curriculum including Computer Science, Computer Engineering, Electrical Engineering and Telecommunications.
Internship opportunities are listed among our Available Positions Listing here.
University Outreach Funding
CableLabs has an established university research program to strengthen relationships with universities and academic organizations to open up new paths for collaboration with the cable industry.
This program provides research grants to university faculties via a formal application process. This new wave of partnership with universities and academic groups are core to our co-development mission and a key element to realize our vision to deliver innovations that enable our cable operator members to be the provider of choice in their markets
How to submit a proposal?
From time to time, CableLabs will solicit proposals in specific research areas via a Request For Proposals (RFP). We also welcome unsolicited proposals. A proposal may have the form of a whitepaper and should include the scope of proposed research, lead faculty member, team bios, objectives or high-level milestones, opportunities for commercial applications, etc.
CableLabs welcomes proposals that challenge our assumptions or descriptions of the problem spaces and highlight other topics of higher importance for cable operators.
CableLabs will review such proposals and may ask the Respondent to pitch the proposal.
How does CableLabs evaluate a funding proposal?
CableLabs will review all responses to the RFP. The applications will be evaluated based on specific criteria including:
- The fit within the scope of the research areas described above
- The description of the problem statement and the methodology applied to proposing solutions
- The scientific merit of the proposed research, and novelty of the solution space
- The potential commercial applicability of the solution and its impact on future services and/or products delivered to residential customers
- The total requested funding and the part of the CableLabs contribution in the overall research program
- The experience and track records of the applicants and faculty member in working with industry partners to apply research to commercial problems
How CableLabs deals with Intellectual Property Rights associated with the funding of university research?
CableLabs requests that the applicant describes the various treatments of IPR the university accepts with research grants. In general, it is understood that IPR may remain with the University, unless otherwise requested by CableLabs in the funding allocation.
CableLabs expects dissemination of results through research publications and anticipates that promising results would be made available to the cable industry and others.